You have to try this wonderfully decadent fusion Ramen Carbonara! Ramen Carbonara is a combination of Korean Shin Ramen and Italian Carbonara. The flavors are perfectly infused with a creamy texture and a spicy tang. The taste is fresh, light, and creamy at the same time with no cream in the recipe.
The recipe is so quick and easy to make and you should definitely try this after a busy work day to entertain your taste buds. For a classic Carbonara, check out my Parmesan Spaghetti Carbonara.
Chef’s Notes: It is important to reserve some cooking water from the noodles to help with the consistency of the Ramen. The Ramen Carbonara needs to be served right away while it’s still warm. Otherwise, the Parmesan Cheese might really gum up the taste. Do not skip the last step of adding the Chili Powder on top. This will give you a fantastic spicy tang which will enhance your appetite.
I hope you will give this Creamy Ramen Carbonara recipe a try! You will fall in love and want to make it again and again once you’ve tried.
Creamy Ramen Carbonara
- 2 packages Shin Ramen Noodles
- 100 g Bacon, cut in small pieces
- 2 large whole Eggs and 1 Egg Yolk, beaten in bowl, room temperature
- 80 g grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp fine Salt
- some chopped Green Onions
- some Chili Powder from the Ramen package
- In a large bowl, mix together Eggs, Parmesan Cheese, Black Pepper, and Salt. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the Olive Oil, on medium-high heat, cook the Bacon until crispy. Turn off the heat and sit on the stovetop.
- In a pot, cook the Ramen Noodles in boiling water for a few minutes until just cooked but still a little firm. Drain the noodles and reserve some of the cooking water.
- Transfer the Ramen Noodles into the pan, on low heat. Coat well with the Bacon for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Eggs and Parmesan mixture. Be careful not to scramble the Eggs. Keep the heat really low or off.
- Coat well with the noodles and add a little of reserved cooking water to get to a nice consistency!
- Transfer to serving plates. Before serving, sprinkle extra Black Pepper, grated Parmesan Cheese, chopped Green Onions, and some Chili Powder from the Ramen package for garnish. Serve right away!
5 thoughts on “Creamy Ramen Carbonara”
I have tried this Ramen Carbonara. It is amazing! My boyfriend and I really love it. Thanks so much for the recipe. 🙂
You are welcome and I am glad that you and your boyfriend love this. 🙂